Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"BE STILL, and know......"!

Psalms 46:10  (KJV)
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

GOD speaks to me from time to time about my life being too busy!  A person can become so involved in what the world determines is the course we should travel, that we don't even have time to consider what the GOD who made us has planned!  We can even "involve" ourselves with so many "good things" that we lose focus on the "REAL THING"!  If HE is the ONE who CREATED us, shouldn't we be looking to HIM for where we are going?  And more than that, shouldn't we be trusting HIM for HOW we are getting there?

2 Corinthians 5:7 simply says "For we walk by faith, not by sight".   Yet, most of us want to SEE where we are going!  We want to revert back to living by "SIGHT"!  When we can "see" where we are walking, we tend to "trust" less.  When darkness is prevalent in our lives, our tendencies are to slow down and make sure of our steps.  GOD is pleased when we trust HIM.....for everything!  I used to have a pastor friend who said "the only thing you are guaranteed in this life is the breath you have right now.  Your next one belongs to GOD".  We should walk by faith!  One step at a time! 

I am reminded of Moses speaking with GOD in the 33rd chapter of Exodus in verse 11.   Scripture records that "the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend".  But the thing that sticks in my mind is in the latter portion of verse 11, the Bible says "his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle."  Joshua was so enamored with his relationship with The LORD, he did not want to leave the Tabernacle!  Shouldn't our lives reflect the same?

Not because I am lazy or unsociable, but I want my life to be an example of me having an extreme desire to spend time with GOD ALMIGHTY!  My desire is to "BE STILL, and know..."   

No comments:

Post a Comment