Sunday, July 21, 2013

"LIFE.....the light of men"!

John 1:1,4       (KJV)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
"In HIM was life; and the life was the light of men."

The Book of the Bible that tells John's account of the Gospel of Christ has been used to reveal quite a bit to this student.   The "truths" displayed are moving and informative.  This morning, while reading in John, I was caused to go back to the beginning of the Book of John.  

John 10:30 says "I and my Father are one."  That is such a revealing statement to me.  But then I remembered John 1:1 saying "In the beginning was the Word (JESUS), and the Word (JESUS) was with GOD, and the Word (JESUS) was GOD"!  

I then remembered GOD telling Moses in Exodus 33 "for there shall NO MAN see me, and live".  There had to be a way to allow the vastness of GOD into man while not killing HIS creation.  

GOD/JESUS in HIS wisdom made "THE LAW" to show man he could not live up to the standard (perfection) of Heaven.  Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God".  

So "LIFE" was was provided through JESUS!  The antithesis of life is death.  Without JESUS, my existence would be an eternal "death"!   When you remove the "LIGHT", you are left with darkness. I don't have to do anything for light or darkness.   JESUS did everything for me.  

All I have to do is chose which team I will be a member of?  Either a team of "LIFE" or a team of death and darkness?  Everyone has a choice.  
Whom do you choose?  

No comments:

Post a Comment