Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"THAT'S MY BOY"!!

Mark 1:9-13   (KJV)
"And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.  And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him.  And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am WELL PLEASED.  And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.  And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him."

My relationship with my sons is very special to me.  In my eyes, both are caring people who minister to others selflessly.  They have married beautiful, Godly women who support them fully.  

I can still remember when they were both born.  The joy and excitement they brought goes beyond words.  Later in life, when their shortcomings had to be dealt with, some of the "joy and excitement" faded a bit!  But, those times were never as bad as I thought at the time, nor as they could have been! 

In the scripture above, JESUS was baptized by John in the Jordan River.  GOD had to let the world know how pleased HE was, like I did when my sons were born.  Keep in mind, GOD's holiness precludes HIM from being seen by man.  Moses (in Exodus 33) had to shield his face to even see the back of GOD when HE passed by!  GOD was SO pleased with JESUS that HE said "Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am WELL PLEASED"!  It was like GOD was telling everyone "That's my boy"!  

In studying "CLASSIC CHRISTIANITY" one of the things Bob George emphasizes is that when GOD sees us, all HE can see is CHRIST!   John 17:23 says "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."  When GOD sees me, HE says "That's my boy"!  

GOD is pleased with me because CHRIST lives in me!   HE doesn't see the "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6) I bring, HE sees the HOLY LAMB of GOD!  

I cannot describe the LOVE in my heart for my sons, and now my daughter-in-laws!  JESUS says in Luke 15:10 10 "there is joy in the presence of the angels of GOD over one sinner that repenteth."  I am so glad that GOD's plan included me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment