Monday, July 22, 2013

"IT'S JUST WORDS"!

Ephesians 4:28-31   (KJV)
"Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.   Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of EDIFYING, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice"

Matthew 12:34-36   (KJV)
"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.  A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

Growing up I was taught a song that I still remember even to this day.   "Be careful little mouth what you say, Be careful little mouth what you say, For the Father up above is looking down on us, Be careful little mouth what you say!"   

There have been many times when I spoke out of anger or malice with no thought of the witness I was having for my LORD!  

FATHER, help me to guard my lips as "words" cannot be taken back and respoken once they are said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment