Thursday, July 18, 2013

"GOD's GLORY"!

Exodus 33:
"And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found GRACE  in my sight, and I know thee by name.  And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.  And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.  And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall NO MAN see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:  And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:  And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen."

At my church fellowship, we are currently reading a book written by Bob George called CLASSIC CHRISTIANITY.  He writes that "the law" was given by GOD to drive men to CHRIST.  (That is another story that may take a week to write about!)  The thing I am fixated on today is GOD revealing HIMSELF to Moses "just enough" that all of Israel would know "The Law" was divine, and not man-made.   HE needed Moses to demonstrate that it was a divine appointment he was keeping.  

Moses only got to see GOD's "back parts" as HE past by Moses.  The GLORY OF GOD was so brilliant that Moses had to cover his face before seeing the Israelites.  The children of Israel could only imagine what seeing GOD was like, yet they KNEW Moses was dealing with DIETY!  His countenance "reflected" it!   

Exodus 34:33-35
"And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.  But when Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded. And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him."

Some people's perception of GOD is like a big "Bug Zapper", a light that kills bugs when they fly into it.  To the contrary, GOD is a GOD of love and compassion.  Why else would HE turn HIS back on HIS SON on Calvary in order to purchase my salvation?  HIS love is immeasurable.  

HIS desire is to "LOVE" us into changing.  HE was demonstrating HIS love when HE was giving "The Law" to Moses.  HE further demonstrated that love when JESUS completed our salvation on Calvary.   

The closer to HIM I get, the more of HIMSELF HE reveals to me.  My desire is to demonstrate HIS GLORY in my life, much like Moses did to the children of Israel.  I relish the thought of being used by HIM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment