Monday, July 8, 2013

"In the day of ADVERSITY consider"!

Ecclesiastes 7:13-14   (KJV)
"Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?  In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: GOD also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after HIM."

The thing about being "RICH" is that you never get to experience the mercy of a great GOD providing for your needs.  You are seldom faced with having to "WALK" by Faith (2 Cor. 5:7).  The journey GOD has you traveling may bring wealth or famine, but HE is still GOD, no matter!  

I can remember, about 20 years ago, being in a financial "FIX" at the office and not knowing where to turn.  I came home one day and there was a card in the mail addressed to me.  Inside the card was handwritten "Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." and $100 CASH!  My wife asked who I thought sent it and I responded "I don't know who HE used, but GOD sent it"!  

Things have gotten better since, but I ALWAYS, ALWAYS remember HIS provision.  The scripture reads "GOD also hath set the one over against the other" and sometimes I forget and have to be reminded.   It is not like GOD is surprised, or caught off guard, by events in my life!  HE approves everything that happens in my life.  

I will praise HIM in the good!  I will praise HIM in the lean!  Remember, Lamentations 3:32 says "But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies."  

No comments:

Post a Comment